If you're like me, the day after Halloween is best spent on the couch with a cup of coffee and a good book. But if you can scrape together a little more energy for some post-Halloween cleanup, you'll feel better about those mini-Snickers bars you ate this morning.
Here are some tips we've collected for storing the Halloween gear and using up the candy:
- Store the Halloween books with the decorations
- Storing vinyl cling decorations
- Expand the dress-up wardrobe with discounted Halloween costumes
- How do you dole out the Halloween candy?
- Halloween Fairy swaps candy for toys
- Buy your kid's Halloween candy
- Use excess Halloween candy as cookie ingredients
- Save leftover candy for holiday gingerbread houses
- Still got Halloween candy lying around? Give it to the "goblins."
- More ideas for using up the Halloween candy
And today's the day to grab deals at local stores on discounted Halloween supplies. Choose good-quality stuff you'll use over and over, such as books, costumes, and decorations.