Extra lasagna noodles? Make single-serve lasagna roll-ups!
I can't bear to throw out the four or five lasagna noodles that always seem to haunt the pot after I'm done assembling a lasagna. Usually there's a little sauce and filling left over as well, right? My solution: lasagna roll-ups!
Perfect for lunch or for dinner on a night the kids have a babysitter, or I don't feel like cooking (which happens much more often).
- Spray a couple large ramekins or oven-proof baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Spread a few tablespoons of sauce in the bottom of the ramekin.
- Lay the noodles out and spread them with whatever filling you've got. (I had ricotta and fresh spinach.)
- Roll them up into cute little tubes.
- Pack one or or two roll-ups into the prepared ramekin, and cover with a bit more sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, whatever).
- Cover and refrigerate or freeze.
This would be way too fussy for me to pull off for family dinner, but for a few noodles? No problem. My inner-thrify-housewife feels satisfied, and we've got a couple meals stashed away. Win-win.
What do you do with extra lasagna noodles?
Related: Freeze shredded cheese