- Auto emergency kit: Your car breaks down at dusk and you and the kids have to walk along the side of a busy road.
- Camping: The kids are using the campground road as their own personal bicycle speedway.
- Bike safety: Your kid has a long bike commute to school.
- Your family's bikes are your main mode of transportation (true for many in Portland).
- Halloween: Your rambuctious toddler wants to be a highway construction engineer or bumblebee for Halloween. (Hey, it could happen. It wouldn't be the worst thing if your kid were super-visible at night.)
At Amazon: Children's V-Shaped Safety vest 90% off ($1.99; eligible for free Super Saver shipping).
Price good until 2/11/11 (or earlier if Amazon runs out).