I'm a Ziploc bag-washer. I just can't bear to throw out those freezer-weight bags when they've only been used once. Problem is, some bags rinse more cleanly than others. For those bags that really shouldn't do double-duty with food, I store them in the car to act as self-sealing trash bags. That way, when my kid eats a banana and is left with the (rather fragrant) peel, she can seal it up in the bag and throw the whole thing away when we get home.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Laundry hack: Write usage instructions on the washer and dryer with dry erase markers
- Air travel with kids: is early boarding actually helpful?
- Edit Your Life Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Want to feel more creative and productive? Embrace your routines.
- Edit Your Life Episode 3: Why Edit Your Life?