My 2-year old son was coloring with markers and, as you can imagine, managed to get just as much marker on his hands as he did the paper. After he finished coloring, dinner was ready, so I decided to wait until after we ate to get his hands cleaned up. I thought I would just put some hand sanitizer on his hands and he would be fine to eat. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished rubbing the sanitizer on his hands to see that they were perfectly clean. The marker was gone. I then remembered how alcohol is good at removing pen marks from furniture, among other places one would not want ink (I once had to get ink off of my computer monitor with alcohol). Instead of using rubbing alcohol on a child’s hands, hand sanitizer does the trick.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Laundry hack: Write usage instructions on the washer and dryer with dry erase markers
- Air travel with kids: is early boarding actually helpful?
- Edit Your Life Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Want to feel more creative and productive? Embrace your routines.
- Edit Your Life Episode 3: Why Edit Your Life?