I’m one of those moms who’s just not into crafting with my kids. It’s a shame, because they love it, but it’s just not my thing, and try as I might to make it my thing, I just can’t muster the enthusiasm (or the willingness to set foot inside a craft store). When we do engage in a little artistic expression, I never seem to have the right stuff on hand. Which is why, when the mom-inventors of The Kid’s Busy Box got in touch, I thought it would be an ideal product to review for Parent Hacks. I know I’m not the only one in the non-crafty boat.
The Kid’s Busy Box is simply this: a cardboard box filled with 20 easy craft projects, plus all of the supplies necessary for carrying the projects out (scissors, paint, construction paper, etc.). It amazes me how such a simple product can be so versatile and useful. Let me count the ways I love the Kid’s Busy Box:
- The crafts are perfectly suited for preschool and young school-age kids and don’t require a lot of adult intervention.
- The box is compact, making it reasonably portable and shipable. Think: an ideal distraction during those hours spent waiting for Thanksgiving dinner. Or an hours-long activity during an overnight at Grandma’s. Or the perfect gift for a crafty kid.
- It was invented by moms who wanted something like this for their own kids, but couldn’t find it.
- You don’t have to buy an entire package of googly eyes at the craft store when you only need two for a project.
- It lets the non-crafty among us enjoy easy projects with our kids without wracking our brains for ideas or scrounging for materials.
Until November 8, Parenthackers get a 10% discount on any Kid’s Busy Box by entering the code HACKS10 during checkout.
Win it! One lucky Parenthacker can have a Kid’s Busy Box of his or her very own! Answer the following question in the comments to be entered in my random drawing. I’ll pick the winner tomorrow, 11/4, at 4PM PST!
What’s your favorite source for easy crafts, online or off-?