I have a 14 month-old daughter and babysit a 17 month-old girl. The other day while walking to the park in 90 degree weather I wanted to get them ice cream for a treat to eat while they played. I was hesitant due to the obvious mess it would make. While walking past the ice cream shop I was halfway relieved to see it closed early that day. I had promised them a treat so I ran into the grocery store and got them Dreyer’s Dibs. They were perfect. No mess whatsoever and the right portion size. Everyone at the park thought I was a genius. I didn’t tell them that it was an accident.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron