My 19 month old son really wants to feed himself. I usually give in, except for yogurt, because I only give him part of the container and I don't want it spread everywhere. I was using a 1/4 cup measuring cup (metal or plastic with the saucepan type handle) with a handle to feed him from and a few days ago he really wanted to feed himself. It finally dawned on me that he could hold the handle with one hand and feed himself with the spoon in the other. He loves it!
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Edit Your Life Episode 5: The Device Divide
- Laundry hack: Write usage instructions on the washer and dryer with dry erase markers
- Air travel with kids: is early boarding actually helpful?
- Edit Your Life Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Want to feel more creative and productive? Embrace your routines.