Rinsing my 9 month-old boy's hair out in the tub has always been a wee bit of a "soapy eyes" experience for him. But I tricked him to leaning his head back so that I can rinse it off and let gravity take the soap and water down the back of his head. My trick: I take the letter O from his bath letter set and put it on my nose. I stand up a bit and look down at him whereupon he looks up, giggles and tries to grab the O craning his neck a bit. That's when I swoop down and rinse off his hair. He doesn't even notice that I rinsed his hair! Plus I get a laugh and a smile out of him. That never used to happen in the bath.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron