Great conversation starter at Web Worker Daily on managing the inevitable joys/distractions/frustrations of kids + home office. I write this from my own “home office” (the kitchen table) while my kids are at school, and the first thought that comes to mind is: get a desk that’s yours. All yours, so there’s a place in your home devoted to your work or creative pursuits. I’m in the process of working that out myself. Much more to say on the topic, but I’ll turn it over to you and will chime in in the comments. [Via lifehack.org]
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Laundry hack: Write usage instructions on the washer and dryer with dry erase markers
- Air travel with kids: is early boarding actually helpful?
- Edit Your Life Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Want to feel more creative and productive? Embrace your routines.
- Edit Your Life Episode 3: Why Edit Your Life?