Zoo.com hopes to make Internet searching — now an integral part of homework research — safer for kids by filtering out as much of the sexually-explicit content as possible. It's not perfect (when I searched for "elephant," result #9 was a Fark listing describing a woman who killed her husband by beating him with an elephant statue, along with a reference to an "ugly-ass baby Asian elephant born at English zoo.") but it's a start. [Via Searchblog]
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Laundry hack: Write usage instructions on the washer and dryer with dry erase markers
- Air travel with kids: is early boarding actually helpful?
- Edit Your Life Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Want to feel more creative and productive? Embrace your routines.
- Edit Your Life Episode 3: Why Edit Your Life?