With small picky toddlers, sometimes one of the few things they will eat is those canned noodles in tomato sauce, often in special character shapes. But they are horrifically messy, often resulting in bath time and a hosing down of the room afterwards. It took me all the way to child #4 to figure out I could drain off a good portion of the sauce before serving it to them. You could even rinse off most or all of the sauce for older babies who are practicing feeding themselves. Without the sauce, the chunky noodles are easier for them to hang on to before stuffing them in their mouth. And there's less tomato sauce in their hair, too.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron