Supermarket strawberries often come packed in clear plastic box with a ventilated top — the perfect basis for a seed-starting greenhouse. Poke a few holes in the bottom, line with paper towels, fill with potting soil, and plant a few easy-to-grow seeds. Keep the soil moist and in a bright spot, and you should see seedlings soon enough.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron