Lunchables are a favorite snack for many kids these days. Unfortunately, they can be expensive and are very high in sodium and preservatives. You can pack a healthier, and less expensive, version using whole wheat or multi-grain crackers, low-fat part-skim cheeses, and low-sodium luncheon meats. You can cut the meat and cheese to cracker size with cookie cutters in interesting shapes. You can also add fruit, and veggies to your homemade alternative. You can find some wonderful re-usable sectioned containers online.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron