Simone uses her kid's art as an ingredient in her own art project:
If you can't get yourself to toss your budding artist's projects and have run out of 8.5 X 11 wall space, turn it into decoupage.
- Select artwork for the project.
- Select surface to be covered with said artwork. Suitable surfaces include raw frames or boxes from craft stores, lunch boxes, flower pots, wooden toy chests for the ambitious — in short, anything worthy of such precious decoration.
- Use Elmer's glue, or Mod Podge to glue the artwork or a collage thereof onto your surface.
- Cover your project with glue. I paint at least 5 layers and wait about 15 to 20 minutes for each layer to dry.
- For a smooth finish you can sand the surface with extra fine sand paper and add a few more layers of glue or cover it with spray lacquer.
Voila, artwork preserved until young Maestro moves into his or her own studio!