If you have a roll of kraft or butcher paper around, have the kids make a tablecloth. Cut a piece of paper a little larger than the size of your table. Then, let them go to town with crayons, markers, stickers, glue stick, and construction paper. When it’s done, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind table topper. Have the kids put it on the table themselves and then let them set it themselves, however they want. If the cup ends up in the middle of the plate, well hey, at least it’s still accessible.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron