Last night, my six year-old son was awake with a not-serious-but-constant hacking cough (from the sounds of it, similar to what Whiffleboy's daughter suffered with). The usual remedies weren't helping. In a fit of inspiration (or perhaps it was desperation), I fixed him a cup of hot lemonade — a mixture of lemon juice, sugar, and hot water — which he sucked down right away, and within 5 minutes, he was asleep. Nice Vitamin C hit, too.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Your kid’s first time at summer camp: 15 tips for getting packed and prepared
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin