Just came across a lovely article on Karen’s blog at Take2Max. The gimicky-sounding title, "Trusting Their Own Abilities: 6 Tips for Asset-Focused Parenting," almost turned me off, but I kept reading, and I’m glad I did. Some great advice there about the difference between praise and recognition, and about helping kids appreciate themselves as individuals.
The latest on Parent Hacks
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you
- Brain Chase Online Summer Learning Challenge: Update + Giveaway
- Air Travel With Kids: 10 Tips for Long-Haul Flights
- Book Love: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffeemaker or iron